The Strathroy District Minor Hockey Association relies heavily on the involvement of volunteers to ensure that all events are sufficiently staffed to run with ease and efficiency. We cannot do it without the contribution of the membership’s valuable time and effort.
Scheduling of volunteer time is arranged to provide full coverage and to afford organizers of tournaments and other SDMHA events support and assistance as needed. Every effort is made to make these volunteer opportunities reasonable and attainable. Event organizers and board members also volunteer their time to the SDMHA in order to provide an activity that benefits all our children and the community we live in.
· It is the responsibility of the member to attain their volunteer times. An online sign up service has been implemented and links to the site are available on the SDMHA home page Quick Links, under the Volunteer Drop Down tap, and on each team page. Additionally, the Volunteer Coordinator can assign positions and facilitate any issues that may arise. Positions are sometimes assigned on a first come, first served basis if there is not an online availability. If you are uncertain about any aspect of signing up for volunteer hours, contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
· Volunteers must complete 2 shifts of service per participant to receive the volunteer refund fee (excluding U7 and below). The shift times will range from 3-4 hours in length and will be first come first served through the sign up portal.
· Partial shifts will not be reimbursed. The completion of 2 shifts per participant must be worked to be eligible for the refund.
· Volunteers must be Age of Majority (19). A sibling can be a volunteer if they are Age of Majority (19). A family member or person other than the parent can volunteer (eg: grandparent, friend). Please let the Volunteer Coordinator know who the hours worked are for when making such arrangements.
· The fee will be repaid to the name of the person who paid the registration fee.
· Cheques will be reimbursed to volunteers who have completed their hours following the next upcoming board meeting. The Volunteer Coordinator will have them available for pick up on a designated day, which will be communicated to the volunteers.
· Upon Board review, failure to show up for a volunteer spot previously signed up for could result in the inability to sign up for future spots and/or forfeiture of the volunteer fee for that year.