Accepting Non-Resident Player for U18, News (Strathroy Minor Hockey)

News Article
News Article Image
Mar 17, 2024 | Admin | 5466 views
Accepting Non-Resident Player for U18

The Strathroy District Minor Hockey Association motioned to "allow travel teams to select up to 3 Non Resident Players(NRP's)

Non Resident Player Selection will be at the tryout committee discretion. 

The acceptance of NRP's will be re-evaluated on a yearly basis.
"Non-Resident Players (NRP's) wishing to try out for any SDMHA "A" Travel Team U12 and above must:
1) Register with their home association and obtain an NRP Passport.
2) Register for tryouts with SDMHA by completing the NRP Registration Form below.
3) Pay tryout fee by e-transfer ([email protected])

Please note it is auto-deposit-**include player name and birth year**Players may be released after the 3rd scheduled evaluation skate.  

Players must attend a minimum of 2 tryouts to be eligible for selection.
If you have any questions regarding NRP's please contract Todd @ 519-871-3363 or [email protected] 

Under the OMHA Made for Ontario Plan/Player Movement Policy the following regulation applies to SDMHA players: Regulation 3.5 vi) 2.A player from an OMHA A Base Category Centre may try out for:   
 (a) AAA Zone (Elgin Middlesex Chiefs) as per current regulations   
 (b) One (1) AA team in and OMHA AAA or AA base category Centre    
(c) Home Centre

SDMHA Players wishing to try out for a AAA/AA team, must first register with SDMHA and request a Permission to skate/NRP Passport

NRP forms are to be filled out prior to tryouts and sent to [email protected]
Click here
to fill out form
Tim Horton's - Strathroy
519-246-1942 (Front St E) 519-245-8444 (Caradoc St S)
D & M Trophy
Moffatt and Powell Ltd. - Rona